– The partial closure of society has lasted a few weeks now, and we can see that some have taken it upon themselves to work at home, says Kasper Rosenstand, department manager at the Danish Road Directorate.
– The traffic level has stabilized at a level about ten percent below the level from last year. So about every tenth Dane stays home instead of taking the car out.
On the other hand, there has been a small increase of two to three percent in trucks on Danish roads.
– It is an expression that even though parts of society have been shut down, there are many things that are still going on.
– People must still have brought goods out to the shops, and goods and goods are still transported across the regions. So we have a society where the basic functions still work, says Kasper Rosenstand.
The same assessment is made by Minister of Transport Benny Engelbrecht (S).
He also notices that there are fewer cars on the roads, but that this is not the case with trucks.
– In other words, it means that we keep society going, even if we keep our distance, work from home and take the necessary precautions to jointly limit the spread of infection, says Benny Engelbrecht in a press release from the Danish Road Directorate.
Source: The Nordic Page