* Behind the study is the auditing company PwC. It is made for the Danish Competition and Consumer Authority.
* They have taken as their starting point how the five major digital platforms collect and use data.
* The platforms are the social media Facebook and LinkedIn. In addition, it’s Apple’s App Store, App Store, Amazon Online Store, and Google’s Search Engine.
* In many cases, the platforms have access to more detailed information about the users. For example, how we look through pictures.
* According to the survey, users’ preferences, networks and purchasing patterns also use the digital platforms.
* Multiple platforms continuously collect data about the user. It also happens when the user does not use the platform. For example, GPS locations.
Source: The Danish Competition and Consumer Authority.