When the autumn season of the late night show “Natholdet” ends in December, the host Anders Breinholt stops.
It writes TV 2. Breinholt also writes it on his Facebook profile.
– When the clock “strikes” on December 24, 2021, it will also be the last time I have worn a piece of clothing with the Night Team logo on, he writes.
Anders Breinholt has been in charge of “Natholdet” since 2010, and it has grown to over 900 episodes.
– Since I got the idea for the “Night Team” – and developed it with a small handful of people and over the years with hundreds of people – I had never dreamed of or dared to hope that over a decade later I can look back on the best time in my working life, writes Breinholt.
He tells TV 2 that he will be “filled with pride if another talented host should have the courage to run the program further”.
But who a possible heir may be, he will not unveil.
– As I say in the season’s first episode of Natholdet: “Stay tuned for more news”, he says to TV 2.
According to Breinholt, he has long gone with the decision of his exit.
– Back in December last year, I went the heavy walk to the program manager and program director on TV 2 and informed them that 2021 will be the last year I host the Night Team, he writes on Facebook.
A few months before – in September 2020 – Breinholt celebrated its tenth anniversary with “Natholdet”.
In that regard, he told the Ritzau that when the time came, he himself wanted to make the decision to stop.
– I have not reached when the good time is, it sounded at the time.
– But I’ve always thought I should pull the plug myself. I would hate myself if TV 2 made the decision, said Anders Breinholt.
However, Breinholt has previously left the helm to other hosts.
In season 9, he was away to make the program “Breinholt & Friends”. Here the service was handled by changing comedians.
The decision to stop is due to a desire to try something new, says the experienced TV host to TV 2.
– After the 24th of December, I must have just slept drunk after the Night Team’s Christmas calendar.
– But then a long holiday awaits me and my family before I sit down and find out what should happen next, it sounds.
The fall season is the 23rd season of “The Night Team”. In the program, Breinholt, together with a well-known Dane as co-host, has seen clips from programs and news broadcasts.
Source: The Nordic Page