Chief of Police of the Thames Valley Rebecca Mears said in a statement that security protocols were launched “within a moment of the man’s arrival in the area.” The suspect, a 19-year-old man from Southampton, did not go to any buildings, he said, reports CBS News.
Britannian Queen Elizabeth spent this Christmas at Windsor Castle Prince Charles and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, after canceling her traditional plans to go to Sandringham.
He is still under arrest and an investigation is underway, CBS News reported.
“The man has been arrested on suspicion of violating or invading a protected area and possessing an offensive weapon,” Mears said. “We don’t think there’s a wider danger to the public.”
The Royal Family usually spends Christmas and New Year at Sandringham House in Berkshire, but withdrew these plans as COVID-19 cases increased and decided to spend the holiday in Windsor Castle, according to media reports in the UK.
“This Christmas is going to be different than what many of us had planned,” the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said on Twitter on Saturday. “From those who are alone or need to be isolated from our loved ones, to the amazing people who support our NHS and care for those most in need – we think of you.”
On Christmas Day, Queen Elizabeth II gave an annual Christmas message in which she talked about the love and loss of her husband, Prince Philip, who died earlier this year at the age of 99.
Source: The Nordic Page
Leave a Reply