Danger of snuff for dogs: beware of small nicotine bags that can kill your puppy!

“The number of cases of dogs experiencing poisoning has doubled from 2017 to 2021,” a veterinarian warned in an interview with TV2.

The cause of the problem is the growing popularity of smokeless tobacco products and the discarded snuff packs that dogs often encounter on their daily walk.

Increasingly popular product
According to figures from the National Board of Health, 11.4 percent of 15-29-year-olds often or occasionally smoke smoke-free nicotine products – an increase of 2.3 percentage points compared to two years ago.

Only 10 mg of nicotine is enough to kill a puppy, according to veterinarian Vibeke Freiberg – a concern because often comes in bags with an odor that young dogs are attracted to.

Best hurried to the vet
“If your dog is unlucky enough to accidentally ingest this nicotine pack, do not attempt to induce using saline or hydrogen peroxide as this may cause other serious problems!” advises Freiberg.

“Contact your veterinarian immediately!”

Candy cigarettes also condemned
In related news, the sale of ‘candy cigarettes’ in has given rise to much criticism – especially in light of the ’s plans for tobacco-free future generations, which propose a lifetime ban on the sale of cigarettes to anyone born after 2010.

“Research shows that a product like candy cigarettes can help children develop a positive attitude towards smoking,” claims Wickramasinghe, head of the WHO’s European Division for the Prevention of Non-Communicable Diseases, according to DR.

It is believed that the WHO intends to make candy cigarettes an illegal product sometime in the future.

Source: The Nordic Page




Related Posts