The government doesn’t care
According to the CCC, some of the key areas where Denmark must improve in order to reach its emissions targets are:
– stricter rules and regulation of agricultural emissions
– a higher CO2 tax for industry
– more facilities for CO2 capture and storage (CCS).
– implementation of policy regarding the expansion of solar and wind energy and CCS
– accelerate the phasing out of gas boilers
– prioritizing carbon-free Power-to-X solutions
– reduction of the climate footprint from consumption … including food
– rethinking the use of biomass to make it more sustainable in the long term
Despite the conclusion being similar to that reached by the CCC in its 2022 and 2021 annual reports, the government does not seem overly concerned.
“I feel convinced that we will achieve our goal. I’m not saying it’s easy, but we have the political will to get there – we have a majority government and we’re going to make it,” This is what climate minister Lars Aagaard says to TV2 News.
Read the entire climate report here.
Source: The Nordic Page