A streak of interrogations began on January 7 and will continue until mid-June. The vast majority are officials in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Along the way, a string of internal documents from various authorities are presented.
They show that for years the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been preoccupied with Chinese “sensibilities” and demands to be free of “insulting demonstrations”. From sympathizers with Tibet or from followers of Falun Gong, which is described as a partially religiously based movement.
* 2002 – Visit of Prime Minister Zhu Rongji. Fifteen times, Chinese authorities have expressed concern about protesters. The Chinese Embassy demanded that Falun Gong representatives be located 500 meters from the Radisson Hotel. Police officers have explained that demonstrators were placed so that they were not visible. Some were herded around behind a hedge.
* Ministry of Foreign Affairs note the same year: “A collaboration has been initiated between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the police and the Chinese Embassy aimed at ensuring that Falun Gong’s legal activities take place where they do not disturb the Chinese delegation.”
* 2004 – Durante una visita del Presidente del Congreso Popular, Wu Bangguo, la policía planeó que los manifestantes estuvieran fuera de la vista durante una visita a La Sirenita.
* 2009 – COP 15 Climate Conference The State Department was dissatisfied with the police’s original plan, which would allow Prime Minister Wen Jiabao to spot about 15 Falun Gong practitioners at the Bella Center.
* “We usually agree with the Police that the FG (Falun Gong, ed.) And the Tibetans stand in places where the Chinese delegation does not come,” the center chief wrote in the ministry.
* Prior to COP 15, the embassy in Beijing reported in a report a visit by President Hu Jintao to Sweden in 2007. It was “successful” because Falun Gong was not visible.
* 2011 – Visit by Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi. Demonstration was moved. The police planned to place a large car in front of the protesters.
* 2012 – State visit by President Hu Jintao. Demonstration was hidden from the president, and for example, officers tore Tibetan flags out of the hands of several citizens. “Take the flag from them, come!”, It sounded on the police radio.
* Más de 100 ciudadanos han recibido indemnizaciones porque la policía violó sus derechos constitucionales.
* 2013 – Visit by Speaker Yu Zhengsheng. The police again prevented protesters in being visible. Falun Gong was given access to a press conference, prompting Lisbet Zilmer-Johns, then head of the State Department, to write the following message to the State Department: “It’s a huge steak.”
Fuente: La página nórdica